To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following:
- Provider is responsible for part/full-time/PRN telehealth clinical care, administrative tasks as they pertain to the position with Ascend Medical.
- Present with a polished professional appearance with the ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion, and energy in persona and while communicating virtually.
- Consult and treat patients virtually by providing clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic telehealth medical services in the area of your experience and training, along with related administrative services
- Demonstrates accountability for outcomes, strong clinical care, and cost-effectiveness for each patient. They understand that they can strongly influence the patient’s outcomes by building a trusting relationship.
- Acts as a health coach, rather than just a consultant for sickness, by helping patients set short and long-term health goals, partners with the patient to work toward the goals, and frequently follow up on those goals on the path to improved health for their patients.
- Simplifies and prioritizes appropriately so that behavior change is more actionable, both for the patient in helping them achieve their goals, and when leading their care teams towards their performance goals.
- Work closely with the applicable managers and medical directors to ensure compliance with guidelines along with participating in risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings, and other meetings as required that promote patient health and company goals.
- Adhere to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance, and policies and procedures.
- Independently provides care for patients with acute and chronic illnesses encountered in the patient.
- Take full accountability for patient care and outcomes and will appropriately seek consultation from specialists when needed, though will still stay involved in, and be responsible for, the detailed care of the patient.
- Responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion, and care coordination and documentation for patients with acute and complex chronic health needs.
- For patients that are unable to come to the office— PCP will engage with the transitional care team and others including case managers, acute and transitional-care physicians, and other resources that may be available depending on the market.
- PCP will have an active role in the management of their center and will help cover for other providers who may be out for various reasons. It is also expected that each PCP will take an active role as needed in recruiting patients for the center and additional providers for the company.
- Provide Availability and Accessibility for patients to build trust from their patients. It is expected that PCP’s will make themselves as available to their patients as possible by being open and available for walk-in visits and answering phone calls and messages in a timely manner.
- Provide care that they would want for a family member or for themselves to each patient at every interaction.
- Physician Leadership is integral to good healthcare, so the PCP must be willing to continuously work to develop and improve leadership skills for the benefit of one’s patients, their team, their center, and the company.
- Work with the care teams towards achieving high-quality outcomes and quality measures. At the same time, PCPs will always be looking for ways to continuously and systematically improve their practice of medicine and the operations of their center.
- Must competently and compassionately influence their patients, their teams, and themselves to achieve the best outcomes.
Qualifications: Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- MD or DO in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or similar specialty required
- Current, active MD licensure in State of employment is required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Must have a current DEA number
- Board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or similar specialty is preferred, Board Eligibility is required
- 1+ year clinical experience in adult or family practice setting preferred
- Fluency in English, verbal and written.?
- Must have the highest personal values and ethical standards.
Work Environment: This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive, agile and successful in an intense work environment is critical.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.