Zipongo is seeking Registered Dietitians (RDs) to support the comprehensive nutrition care mission of Zipongo, which is grounded in evidence-based clinical nutritional standards including use of a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet. Our Zipongo RDs leverage Zipongo’s digital platform to provide a broad range of nutrition and health related consultations, educational sessions, and training to Zipongo’s clients, partners, and users. Some RD positions will support both in-person and telenutrition services for our patients.
- Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) via remote and in-person sessions to patients with a variety of health and lifestyle needs
- Provide tailored nutrition education and counseling to clients/patients in virtual settings
- Document care in electronic medical record according to Nutrition Care Process
- Assist patients in getting the most utility out of Zipongo’s digital platform
- Manage a panel of clients/patients with a variety of chronic health conditions and backgrounds
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with clients/patients through HIPAA-compliant video calls and electronic messaging
- Strong academic and applied background in medical nutrition therapy across a variety of health conditions and diet therapy using a WFPB dietary approach
- Active experience providing nutrition counseling to patients
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with colleagues, patients/clients, and care team
- Ability to learn new technology and software and integrate it into practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to accomplish work independently
- B.S. Degree from an accredited institution; M.S. or MPH preferred
- Credentialing as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Licensed Dietitian (state-dependent)
- Maintenance of continuing education
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in dietetics
- Compensation is commensurate with level of education and experience
- Part-time contract position
- Remote (work-from-home)
Cover letters are required.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.