Tia is the next generation women’s healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Our interdisciplinary team of doctors, designers & data enthusiasts have seen first-hand how women's needs have been radically underserved and underestimated, and are on a mission to build a new distinctly female care model from the ground up, online and offline.
Tia’s ecosystem of products, tools and services — from the Tia app to the Tia Clinic, a real-world gynecology, primary care, & wellness practice based in NYC — is connected by a unique, human-centered approach to care that focuses on listening and learning all about women and their holistic needs, from anatomy to emotions, from gut health to getting it on. Tia encourages honest and transparent conversations about patients’ health, both with their care team and their community of members, to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence and ease.
About the role:
We are looking for Mental Health Therapists passionate about women’s health for Tia’s Virtual Care Team. As a mental health therapist at Tia, your role in this transformative healthtech company will be foundational in setting the tone for the mental and behavioral healthcare delivered at Tia, and you’ll be a key component of our wellness services. You will weave the mental health perspective into our educational offerings, collaborate with allopathic providers, and deliver therapy one-on-one to Tia clients. You will also work cross-functionally with the gyn and primary care team to provide integrated whole person care.
This is a part-time role 20-29 hours/week.
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate integrated women’s care by bringing the following values to the care you provide to clients:
- Compassion & understanding that people’s emotions are their reality
- Integrity in patient care
- Holistic patient care
- Personalized care
- Be driven to achieve excellence
- a shared-decision making approach to women’s health.
- You excel in collaborative and multidisciplinary environments. You know when and how to escalate and also are a keen problem solver who works well independently and prides themself on professional ownership.
- You’re facile with technology, comfortable and (ideally) experienced providing high quality care digitally via teletherapy and interested in the process of developing new technology to support the highest quality care.
- You’re data driven and consistently incorporate new and evolving research into your day-to-day practice
- You’re a high functioning multi-tasker who has an incredible ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a therapist (LCSW, LMSW or LMHC) with an active and unrestricted license(s) in the state of California or New York (ideally both) able to provide therapy to a diverse group of female identified clients. You have experience and a passion for delivering high quality therapy, ideally via teletherapy.
- Experience helping clients with at least one of the following core issues: sexual assault / trauma, relationships, substance use, acute anxiety and stress, eating disorders / body dysmorphic disorder, depression / anxiety, grief/bereavement, and/or gender and sexual identity.
- Training and/or experience in CBT, DBT, EMDR, as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), group therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Enhanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT-E) and/or Certified Eating Disorders Specialist (CEDS) is highly desired.
- A track record of creating and documenting a comprehensive and coherent care plan
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - both with your clients and your team members
- 3+ years post internship clinical experience
- Authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills:
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal professional training in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for women who have experienced trauma including having a lived experience of abuse, decision making support for low-income women and care delivery for LGBTQIA identified folks
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to immune system compromise and inflammatory response systems is a plus.
- Experience or formal training weaving integrative medicine practices into your care plan development.
- Join a talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Remote role with flexibility to work from home and ability to live anywhere
- Market competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses.
- Continuing education stipend
- Engage in ongoing education with clinical leadership on integrative medicine practices
- Opportunities to participate in research
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!