The work schedule for this opening is: Tuesday-Saturday 3pm-11pm Central Time
Candidates must hold an independent-level Social Work or Behavioral Health license in the state they live in/work in (LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC, etc.)
Under general supervision, and in collaboration with other members of the clinical team, authorizes and reviews utilization of mental health and substance abuse services provided in inpatient and/or outpatient care settings. Collects and analyzes utilization data. Assists with discharge planning and care coordination. Provides member assistance with mental health and substance abuse issues, and participates in special quality improvement projects.
- Monitors inpatient and/or outpatient level of care services related to mental health and substance abuse treatment to ensure medical necessity and effectiveness.
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and emergency authorizations as assigned.
- Performs concurrent reviews for inpatient and/or outpatient care and other levels of care as allowed by scope of practice and experience.
- In conjunction with providers and facilities, develops discharge plans and oversee their implementation.
- Performs quality clinical reviews while educating and making appropriate interventions to advance the care of the member in treatment.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, and company policies and procedures, and criteria.
- Interacts with Physician Advisors to discuss clinical and authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Maintains an active work load in accordance with National Care Manager performance standards.
- Works with community agencies as appropriate. Proposes alternative plans of treatment when requests for services do not meet medical necessity criteria.
- Participates in network development including identification and recruitment of quality providers as needed.
- Advocates for the patient to ensure treatment needs are met. Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
Other Job Requirements
- Licensure is required for this position, specifically a current license that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements.
- Candidates must hold an independent-level Social Work or Behavioral Health license in the state they live in/work in (LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience post degree in healthcare, behavioral health, psychiatric and/or substance abuse health care setting.
- Strong organization, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of utilization management procedures, mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers.
- Knowledge and experience in inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Knowledge of DSM V or most current diagnostic edition.
- Ability to analyze specific utilization problems, plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.