As a full-time psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner at Tia, your role in this transformative healthtech company will be foundational in setting the tone for the mental health care delivered at Tia. You will work closely and collaboratively with a growing multidisciplinary team of Therapists, MDs, NPs, and Acupuncturists in a virtual primary care setting ensuring optimal patient care. You will conduct responsible and compassionate psychiatric assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, medication management, and referrals. You will also work cross-functionally to weave the mental health perspective into our educational offerings, supporting the clinical team in case consultation, health education / guidance, quality and policy development through collaboration and staying abreast of current trends and best care practices.
- Body literacy
- Integrity and confidence in your practice
- Holistic women’s care
- Be compassionate
- Be driven to achieve excellence
- Compassion & understanding that people’s emotions are their reality
- Shared decision-making
- Personalized care
- Synthesize large and disparate amounts of clinical data to reach a solution
- Demonstrate compassion and composure under pressure
- Incorporate core nursing principles into clinical care
- Practice under Tia’s multiple tools in the toolkit philosophy, making use of the different modalities we have at Tia
- Manage varying patient load and patient demands
- Adaptable and flexible to an ever-changing and fast paced start-up environment
- Know what you don’t know
- Not afraid of looking bad, able to put ego aside in service of excellence
- Learn on the fly
- Compassionately listen to patient problems
- Clear communication
- Escalating effectively
- Skilled at collaborating cross functionally
- Carry the emotional unload of patients through a full day of patient work without showing the burden to patients
- Taking a history
- Create a comprehensive and coherent care plan
- Interpret and act on clinical labs + imaging
- Confidence prescribing, titrating, refilling, and monitoring psychotropic medications in all 5 major classes (anti-anxiety agents, antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and stimulants)
- Experience with the following: Adjustment disorders, anxiety, depression, trauma, personality disorders, substance use and dependence, cognitive impairment, bipolar spectrum, attention-related disorders, postpartum depression, schizoaffective disorders, sleep disorders, and acute psychosis
- Pertinent and specific understanding of primary care delivery and / or willingness to learn
- Patient-centric care
- Knowledge and expertise in facilitating extended mental healthcare interventions in the greater NYC-area (ie. referrals and social service resources)
- Documentation requirements for an accurate and complete medical record
- Uphold the Tia mission statement & guiding principles of excellent, available, compassionate, collaborative, and holistic mental health care
- Conduct psychiatric assessments, determine differential diagnosis, and engage in treatment recommendations, planning and adjustments for patients along the continuum of their care
- Engage in 1-to-1 consultations with patients and providers to establish and support care plans
- Collaborate with therapists and primary care practitioners on diagnoses and prescription medications for a variety of mental health conditions
- Ensure high patient satisfaction but with a regard for the highest clinical quality
- Show up for scheduled appointments, be flexible to changing schedule demands including mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and on-call services
- Practice holistic care
- Support care goals through indirect support
- Review the medical history and clinical stability of patients
- Engage in huddles and case consultations with providers to assess needs and support care coordination
- Complete timely documentation
- Assist with medical letters
- Support the MH & NP team with clinical leadership and mentorship to assist with integration and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Collaborate closely with MH and NP Leads to identify and support high-risk patients
- Assist the clinical team in risk assessment, triage, crisis management, and warm hand-offs and referrals both internally and externally
- Write and manage medication management protocols
- Establish and update a reservoir of information on latest pharmacological approaches in mental health
- Educate and mentor the team & patients on medication options for mental health needs
- Escalating clinical concerns to leadership, including VP of Clinical Operations, when necessary
- Escalate, seek guidance, and collaborate on medical questions, discussions, and concerns
- Ensure that when gaps or questions arise, they are communicated and followed up on through the appropriate channels
- Remain abreast of evolving research and clinical updates in women’s care
- Maintain licensure and appropriate certifications
- Support Tia mental health services in all sites (NY, CA, AZ) and apply for additional site licenses as needed
Other “nice to have” skills:
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal professional training in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for women who have experienced trauma including having a lived experience of abuse, decision making support for low-income women, care delivery for LGBTQ identified folks, care delivery for immigrant or migrant or english-as-a-second-language support populations.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to immune system compromise and inflammatory response systems is a plus.
- Experience or formal training weaving integrative medicine practices into your care plan development.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Remote role with flexibility to work from home and ability to live anywhere in California, Arizona or New York
- Market competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses.
- Annual CME stipend
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!