We are always looking for experienced team members who are outstanding communicators who share the same internal compass that guides our organizational culture and ability to be effective in creating a better cancer care experience.
This is currently a contractual position with the opportunity to grow within the following states: Florida and Massachusetts.
Are you interested in breaking new ground by demonstrating the impact of our specialized profession? Are you ready to prove our value on how our interventions positively impact the clinical outcomes while improving the overall cancer experience?
If so, read on.
We are an innovative, independent nurse-led concierge care management company that envisions a different kind of cancer care experience. Since 2012, our specialized consultants have helped families navigate through the cancer experience by providing personalized guidance and advocacy services that place the patient back at the center of care.
Beacon seeks to retain specialized certified oncology nurses who will be responsible for providing navigation and advocacy services for our clients. To excel in this role, you should share the same internal compass that drives our four core values: Patient-Values First, Compassion, Collaboration, and Results-Oriented.
Beacon combines technology with caring, direct hands-on expertise and engagement to improve the cancer care experience by providing clinical clarity and advocacy services while inspiring confidence for persons affected by cancer.
As part of the Beacon team you will:
- Act as the patients’ ‘quarterback’ to help connect them to the care they need by breaking down any communication or access barriers while collaboratively helping to promote strong relationships with their oncology medical team.
- Break down the clinical complexities of the disease and treatment options into manageable terms while helping them become more organized and prepared to make the best-informed decisions.
- Work as the patients’ trusted advisor, so they feel supported by you as their cancer care expert, guiding them throughout their journey.
- Provide peace of mind while reducing the isolation often associated with a cancer diagnosis.
- Work directly with clients to help them coordinate their medical care while navigating the healthcare system.
- Collaborate with other Beacon Specialists (Social Workers and Nurses) to identify community services, local and national resources available to patients. This may include but not limited to helping to complete advance care directives, identifying eligibility for federal and state programs and other pharmacy access programs, facilitating SSDI; research healthcare options (doctors, facilities, treatments, health benefit plans, etc.); and compiling, organizing and reviewing medical bills for accuracy and reconciling invoices on the patients behalf when and if necessary.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing school.
- Current RN or NP license in your state or multiple state compact.
- Minimum of five years of oncology experience as a registered nurse.
- Certification as an Oncology Nurse (OCN) required (will consider the right candidate if other qualifications are met and candidate agrees to obtain certification within six months).
- Certification in case management preferred. Will consider case management experience in discharge planning and utilization management activities.
- Strong customer service skills with face-to-face, video, and telephone “charisma.”
- Proficiency in working within a virtual environment with electronic medical records and care management software. Proficient in comparing and reviewing medical records with the National Comprehensive Cancer Network evidence-based guidelines for completeness.
- Proficiency in utilizing online research tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please send a cover letter expressing your interest along with your resume to HR@BeaconAdvocates.com.
Beacon Advocates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.