Marathon Health is seeking full-time Virtual Family Physicians to provide virtual primary care to employees nationwide through our new Virtual Primary Care service offering. These exciting opportunities will play a key role in pioneering a new way to deliver quality primary care virtually to patients nationwide. They will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the initial solution, as well as on-going improvements and enhancements.
These positions will be salaried, full-time, remote opportunities. We offer excellent salary and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, malpractice, CME assistance, life and disability, paid time off and holidays.
Mondays-Fridays: (5) 6-hour shifts + 1-hour lunch breaks (Options: 9am-4pm EST or 2pm-9pm EST)
(1) 12-hour on-call shift per week (9pm-9am EST)
(1) weekend on-call per month (Friday 9pm-Monday 9am EST)
If you are a Family Physician who wants to practice medicine in a revolutionary setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you!
- Provide exceptional virtual primary care for your panel of patients 18+ (phone, messaging, video), as well as exceptional virtual acute/urgent care for your patients ages 2+ (phone, messaging, video)
- Provide continuity of care to patients with a wide range of acuity from young/healthy to chronic conditions (DM, HTN, COPD, CAD, etc).
- Update patient’s immunizations as needed. Prescribes, refills medications as needed.
- Ordering of lab tests.
- Follow up on labs, imaging, and closed loop communication with other providers where necessary.
- Use tooling to enable virtual “exams” including remote patient monitoring equipment, remote physical exam, remote point of care diagnostics
- Be available for on call shifts and to answer critical labs escalations.
- Work with other providers in the community to provide the care that is not possible virtually (ie diabetic foot exam, procedures, Pap Smears)
- Administrate as a clinical team leader, while participating in collaborative care with virtual behavioral health specialists, PA/NP, and care coordinators (and other specialists as the team grows)
- Advocate on behalf of the Virtual Care Team specific capabilities necessary for your patient population mix
- Help develop clinical guidelines and continuous improvement of the Virtual Care Model.
- Review and audit clinical charts for quality assurance and regulatory compliances.
- Approve and sign standing orders for licensed nurses and medical assistants.
- Work with Product and Operations Teams to give feedback on ways to improve workflows and tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Function to comply with state medical and nursing regulatory boardsthrough signed protocols and procedures.
- Participation in virtual promotions and special events.
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- 3+ years of primary care experience; specialty in Family Medicine
- Experience delivering virtual care, including work with remote diagnostic and home monitoring tools preferred
- Ability to provide compassionate, patient-centric care through video, phone, and secure messaging
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Professional medical Spanish-language fluency preferred
- Multiple state licenses preferred
- Willingness to apply for and retain 50 state licensures required. Company will pay for and assist in maintaining these licenses
- This position is 100% remote. Candidate must have a quiet space where virtual visits can occur without disruption or background noise. Work environment must have a clean, organized background for video visits. Candidates are responsible for providing adequate internet bandwidth to maintain high quality video connections.