Part-time or Full-time Brightside Therapist Position
Depression and anxiety are the most common mental health problems in the U.S., affecting more than 16 million Americans. Sadly, fewer than half receive care for these problems due to barriers like social stigma and a lack of trained providers -- and the care they do receive isn’t necessarily in line with best practices.
Brightside (www.brightside.com) is a better approach to depression and anxiety care, combining empirically-supported cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)and a team of experienced mental health leaders to deliver personalized therapy, right from your phone. Brightside is on a mission to be the best and largest provider of virtual evidence-based depression and anxiety care in the U.S.
We’re mindful about clinician burnout and are passionate about making evidence-based therapy as pleasant to provide as possible. We strive to reduce the repetitive aspects of depression and anxiety care by digitizing individualized psychoeducation and treatment planning so that you can deploy your advanced therapy skills where they’re most useful.
Brightside offers the opportunity to break down barriers to accessing evidence-based therapies and truly shape the future of depression and anxiety care in the U.S. We’re seeking forward-thinking therapists who understand the magnitude of the challenge and want to be part of the solution.
● Doctoral or masters degree in psychology or counseling (PsyD, PhD, EdD, MA, MS, MSW, MFT, MHC, LPC) from an accredited program
● At least 2 unrestricted and unsupervised state licenses for part-time employment and at least 5 unrestricted and unsupervised state licenses for full-time employment (e.g. Licensed Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPCC, etc)
● Autonomous License for at least 1 year
● At least 2 years of experience providing CBT-focused, evidence-based interventions with adults with depression and anxiety
● Continued commitment to learning evidence-based best practices for depression and anxiety
● Support a 24-hour window for responding to messaging on weekdays
● Commitment to measurement-based care
● Tech-savviness and enthusiasm for integrating digital solutions into psychotherapy
● High degree of responsivity and willingness to collaborate with Brightside’s team of clinical and tech experts
● Through asynchronous messaging, video messaging and synchronous live video appointments, engage members in CBT targeted at reducing depression and/or anxiety, and facilitate problem-solving and provide encouragement as Brightside members apply skills from self-guided therapy modules to their daily lives
● Leverage your evidence-based (CBT-informed) case conceptualization and intervention skills to tailor Brightside’s proprietary treatment plans to individual member needs and goals
● Draw on automatically administered symptom, functional improvement, and goal progress measures to adjust treatment plan
● Serve an integral role in the evolution of our therapy platform content, provider platform, and care model by collaborating with our Clinical and Product teams and participating in Case Conference review meetings
● Maintain timely clinical documentation through our user-friendly therapist portal
Salary and Benefits:
Full Time (30 hours clinical, 10 hours admin):
Part Time (15 hours clinical, 5 hours admin)
What You’ll Gain
● Unprecedented impact: No longer bound by the traditional, in-person, 50-minute-hour model, you’ll be able to bring evidence-based approaches - and therefore rapid relief and functional improvement - to a much wider range of adults with depression and/or anxiety across your state.
● Professional growth opportunities and clinical support: Access to original digital therapy sessions drawing on empirically-supported CBT anxiety and depression. Obtain clinical consultation on case conceptualization, treatment planning, and stuck points from fellow clinicians and the Director of Clinical Therapy. Stay connected via monthly therapist open forums, therapist community outreach and continuing education events.
● Flexible hours and location: Since contact with members occurs exclusively through asynchronous messaging and synchronous video appointments, there’s no need to trek to an office. Manage your members from your phone or laptop from anywhere. Work with our team to establish the 20 or 40 hours a week position that can fit for you. Weekends and evenings are available as well.
● Custom-built tools: Enjoy our easy-to-use practice management, EMR, and crisis protocol tools designed by our fleet of in-house clinicians and engineers.