We’re committed to providing positive outcomes to patients across the country, no matter their situation. We want everyone to have ‘insider access’ to great healthcare. At Grand Rounds, the Staff Physician furthers this mission by ensuring that our patients receive outstanding care and understand the ‘what’, ‘how’, and ‘why’ of the medical recommendations that they receive.
We are looking for physicians to join our team who can provide virtual medical services and professional guidance and support to patients over video and phone. Physicians who thrive in this role enjoy spending time with patients; listening to their needs, answering their questions, providing clinical guidance and treatment, and serving as an advocate. Strong candidates will be able to communicate in patient-friendly language both verbally and in writing and enjoy supporting and collaborating with other clinicians, including NPs, PAs, and RNs.
Most importantly, you will become part of the health care solution and embody the Grand Rounds passion for saving lives through better health care quality and raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere.
- Provide virtual medical services during overnight hours. You will speak with patients over the phone and video to assess their needs, gather important clinical history, diagnose, and provide appropriate clinical guidance or treatment
- Act as supervising physician to nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Partner with our Credentialing Team to become licensed in additional states if needed
- Supervise Grand Rounds Clinical Services overnight
- Participate in one of our ongoing projects that can be tailored to your skills and interests
- Model our culture and values through humility and curiosity
- Active medical license and Board Certification required with preference in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- Be comfortable discussing medical conditions from a wide variety of specialties (not just what you trained in)
- Be empathetic. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, and be reassuring that you will help them.
- Be efficient. We are a fast growing company and we are busy! You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet volume targets without sacrificing quality. We’ll give you the tools you need to succeed, but you’ll have to be an efficient worker.
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately juggle your responsibilities.
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information
- Excel at communicating with patients and other clinicians, and enjoy doing so
- Experience with telemedicine and a high level of comfort with technology preferred
This position will be a full-time, remote position and can be located anywhere in the U.S.
We have flexible scheduling options available, 5 nights/week preferred.