Are you a U.S. primary care physician who is passionate about providing the best care to your patients? Are you excited about creating a new virtual care practice and providing your panel of HealthTap patients with ongoing primary care? Would you like to use a state-of-the-art digital health platform to deliver quality healthcare by video, voice, and text chat from your smartphone, tablet, or computer? Would you like the freedom to practice from anywhere you have a good Internet connection? Does participating in a new model of virtual primary care and having an impact at the leading edge of medicine thrill you? Would you like to join our amazing team of doctors, healthcare workers, and technologists who created a unique platform that empowers you to provide high-quality, compassionate, affordable, and convenient virtual primary healthcare?
If you answered "YES!" to all of the above, we’d love to hear from you!
Full-time and part-time contract positions (minimum 20–48 hours/week) — are available: Please apply today!
Who we're looking for
If you are a compassionate, friendly, U.S.-licensed doctor who is experienced in primary care and board certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine, please apply today for a full-time or part-time contractor position in our new virtual primary care clinic. We also anticipate opening Pediatric and Women's Health services in the future, so if you are board certified in Pediatrics or Obstetrics and Gynecology, please apply now so we can follow up with you for future opportunities.
If you would like to work in our virtual clinic, you should be excited to use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to provide virtual primary care to patients. Furthermore, you’re likely to enjoy providing virtual primary care on HealthTap if you are adaptable, appreciate the value of technology, and are interested in patient-centric healthcare innovations.
What you'll do (part-time and full-time contract opportunities are available)
- Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to provide high-quality, compassionate virtual primary care by video, voice, and text chat consultation.
- Provide virtual primary care to a population of patients in HealthTap’s virtual primary care clinic.
- Enjoy practicing and helping patients from the comfort of your professional home workspace, using a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Provide excellent care without any of the typical overhead of a physical practice.
- You don’t need to bring an existing population of patients to HealthTap; patients will find you and join your patient panel via HealthTap. (You are welcome to invite your existing patients to join your virtual clinic panel and receive scheduled care from you in your new virtual primary care clinic on HealthTap.)
- Help patients with their routine health maintenance and acute issues.
- Provide ongoing virtual care to patients who are stable with conditions appropriate for virtual care, such as:
- Heart disease
- Help patients achieve their wellness goals, such as:
- Eating healthier
- Losing weight
- Quitting smoking
- Sleeping better
- Manage patients’ medication regimens, including refills and adjustments, all done using HealthTap’s platform.
- Order and review lab tests using HealthTap technology.
- Refer patients to in-person care, when appropriate.
- During available times within clinic hours, provide high-quality, compassionate acute care to on-demand patients in HealthTap’s 24/7 acute-care service.
- Write careful, detailed medical notes after each patient encounter.
- Participate in peer review of your colleagues clinic notes on HealthTap.
- Work with the HealthTap Team on initiatives that improve HealthTap’s clinical services.
- Get opportunities to work on special projects to improve HealthTap’s virtual clinic infrastructure.
- Work with the HealthTap Team on initiatives that improve the HealthTap platform.
- Earn unlimited AMA PRA category I CME credits when giving informational answers to members' health questions.
Who you are
- Friendly, compassionate, and excited about helping your patients.
- A great doctor with experience providing hands-on primary care to a wide variety of patients.
- Familiar with and experienced in managing conditions that are common in primary care settings, such as diabetes, hypertension, and asthma.
- Board certified and trained in a primary care specialty, such as Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine. Doctors in Pediatrics and Women's Health are also encouraged to apply for positions in pediatric and women's health clinics, which are coming soon.
- Detail-oriented and committed to writing excellent documentation on your patients.
- Licensed and in good-standing in one or more U.S. states (the more states you are licensed in, the faster your patient panel will grow).
- Enjoy learning and growing.
- Technologically savvy, comfortable on computers and devices, and able to adapt quickly to changes (we keep improving our technology!).
- Collaborative, helpful, and happy to work with team members to solve problems.
- Excited to develop a virtual primary care practice and work with the HealthTap Team on innovations that will improve this care modality.
- Happy to get additional licenses (with the help of the HealthTap Team) to expand your ability to offer virtual primary care to patients throughout the U.S.
More about working with us
- We're proud of our team of genuine, mission-driven, kind-hearted builders and care-takers.
- Our headquarters is based in Mountain View, CA, and we have a distributed workforce in the U.S. and internationally.
- Learn more about us, our story, and how we are revolutionizing healthcare virtually and globally. Visit our website at www.healthtap.com.
- To discover why doctors volunteer to answer informational questions on HealthTap, please apply to our network of more than 90,000 doctors who share their expertise to help people everywhere.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion. We want to see you grow and will invest in you!
NOTE: Please check our web site at https://www.healthtap.com/jobs/ for our official job postings and application process. Note that HealthTap will never ask for your financial information or to send us money to be considered for employment. Please exercise caution if you receive an unsolicited job offer from an individual not using an official HealthTap.com email address or phone number. If you receive an unsolicited email, text message, or other communication about an open position at HealthTap that doesn’t sound right or you think might be a scam, please reference the HealthTap Recruitment Fraud Warning page [http://www.healthtap.com/jobs/protect-against-recruitment-fraud/] for further information.