Are you a Physician with a strong clinical research background in Infectious Diseases/Vaccines?
We are recruiting for a North and Latin Americas based Associate Medical Director, specializing in Infectious Diseases/ ICU experience. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge COVID 19 and other ID Projects.
As a key position within the organization with a level of visibility and leadership, this is an ideal role for someone looking to step into a Medical Director or above-country leadership role.
You will be responsible for:
- Answering day to day medical and scientific questions, provide daily medical support to our staff or site (investigator/study coordinator)
- Review and sign off Data Management listings of safety data(including adverse events, laboratory data, vital signs data, medical history, physical examination, concomitant medication), establish the presence or absence of clinically meaningful trends and, if noted, follow up as appropriate with the project team, sponsor, investigator, and Regulatory Authorities
-Review and sign off technical documents written by Parexel with respect to medically relevant matters with particular attention to those relating to drug safety
- Review coding of adverse events and concomitant medications for accuracy and consistency
- Provide support for the preparation of clinical protocols, integrated clinical and statistical summary reports, journal articles, and other documents for clients/sponsors in conjunction with clients/sponsors or in conjunction with other Parexel departments
- Attend and present material (such as therapeutic area training) as requested, at internal and external meetings (e.g. investigator meetings)
- Provide input as necessary to Feasibility Studies, Data Monitoring Committees (DMCs), Clinical Endpoint Committees (CECs).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of therapeutic area expertise by attending Professional Society Meetings
Provide support for marketing activities as requested
- Provide medical expertise to clients and internal staff
- Provide support to Business Development and attend Bid Defense meetings when required
Parexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.