Marathon Health is seeking full-time Virtual Family Physicians to provide virtual primary care to employees nationwide through our new Virtual Primary Care service offering. These exciting opportunities will play a key role in pioneering a new way to deliver quality primary care virtually to patients nationwide. They will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the initial solution, as well as on-going improvements and enhancements.
These positions will be salaried, full-time, remote opportunities. We offer excellent salary and full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), FSA, malpractice, CME assistance, life and disability, paid time off and holidays.
We have the following 2 shifts available working Monday-Friday (1 physician per shift):
Eastern Pod: 11am-6pm ET / 10am-5pm CT (1 hour lunch), plus 1 week of overnight and weekend on-call coverage per month
Western Pod: 11am-6pm MT / 10am-5pm PT (1 hour lunch), plus 1 week of overnight and weekend on-call coverage per month
If you are a Family Physician who wants to practice medicine in a revolutionary setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you!
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company and the selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE).
- Provide exceptional virtual primary care for your panel of patients 18+ (phone, messaging, video), as well as exceptional virtual acute/urgent care for your patients ages 2+ (phone, messaging, video)
- Provide continuity of care to patients with a wide range of acuity from young/healthy to chronic conditions (DM, HTN, COPD, CAD, etc).
- Update patient’s immunizations as needed. Prescribes, refills medications as needed.
- Ordering of lab tests.
- Follow up on labs, imaging, and closed loop communication with other providers where necessary.
- Use tooling to enable virtual “exams” including remote patient monitoring equipment, remote physical exam, remote point of care diagnostics
- Be available for on call shifts and to answer critical labs escalations.
- Work with other providers in the community to provide the care that is not possible virtually (ie diabetic foot exam, procedures, Pap Smears)
- Administrate as a clinical team leader, while participating in collaborative care with virtual behavioral health specialists, PA/NP, and care coordinators (and other specialists as the team grows)
- Advocate on behalf of the Virtual Care Team specific capabilities necessary for your patient population mix
- Help develop clinical guidelines and continuous improvement of the VirtualCare Model.
- Review and audit clinical charts for quality assurance and regulatory compliances.
- Approve and sign standing orders for licensed nurses and medical assistants.
- Work with Product and Operations Teams to give feedback on ways to improve workflows and tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Function to comply with state medical and nursing regulatory boards through signed protocols and procedures.
- Participation in virtual promotions and special events.
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- 3+ years of primary care experience; specialty in Family Medicine
- Experience delivering virtual care, including work with remote diagnostic and home monitoring tools preferred
- Ability to provide compassionate, patient-centric care through video, phone, and secure messaging
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Professional medical Spanish-language fluency preferred
- Multiple state licenses preferred
- Willingness to apply for and retain 50 state licensures required. Company will pay for and assist in maintaining these licenses
- This position is 100% remote. Candidate must have a quiet space where virtual visits can occur without disruption or background noise. Work environment must have a clean, organized background for video visits. Candidates are responsible for providing adequate internet bandwidth to maintain high quality video connections.